A driven textile designer is needed to join a small interiors team in West London. Working at the top end of the market, this role combines design, research, taking client briefs, quality control, technical knowledge and everything in between. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Design and must have a keen eye for colour, tasteful design and bring ideas and creativity to the team!
Skills and Requirements:
– at least 4+ years in a similar role, with a focus on textile design for fabrics, rugs and/or tapestry
– a relevant Degree, preferably in Textile/Interior Design or similar
– fluency in the following software: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD and Apso/Texcelle
– the ability to work from client brief through to completion
– experience in working with production and manufacturing teams
– experience working in a fast-paced environment
– strong communicator and adaptable
Hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm, to start ASAP, and cover a 1 year maternity contract but with the potential to progress into a permanent position.
*Please note a portfolio submission is required for this role, displaying the relevant technical information where required to show process and technical in-sight.